[3830] MoQP N0O(@N0AX) Rover Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 2 21:01:43 EDT 2017

Missouri QSO Party

Call: N0O
Operator(s): N0AX KD0PES
Station: N0AX

Class: Rover Multi-Op LP
QTH: MO

   40:  438     79
----------------------------
Total:  721    251      0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 98,600

Ellen and I had a great time rambling around the SW MO counties starting in the
lower-left corner of McDonald and winding up in the town where my brother went
to college, Fayette, in Howard county.  Final tally was 26 counties activated
and about 1050 miles traveled.

No bad weather while we were driving and lots of interesting scenery - the
no-till fields were *full* of purple henbit flowers, for example.  The trees
are just a week or so from being fully budded out.  We took an hour off to
visit the George Washington Carver National Monument in Diamond (near Joplin) -
highly recommended.

Wound up on 40 and 20 only - not a peep on 15 and there was some kind of odd
problem with 75/80 that I'm going to have to troubleshoot.  Not having 75/80
hurt the in-state multiplier totals.  Nice set of VE multipliers (just missing
VE1/VY2/NWT) and only missed AR/NE/ND/MT of the lower 48.  Some great county
line runs and steady activity the whole time.  So more QSOs this year than last
but not nearly as many county multipliers.

Funny thing - we passed KI0I near Stockton as he was sitting at an intersection
operating. (I think that was Mark...hi, Mark!)  Nice to work OM2VL and DL3DXX in
many counties and had a large retinue of regulars from the states.  I wish we
could hear better with the small mobile whip but that's a challenge for mobile
operating, for sure.

Ellen and I have one more ramble and we'll have "worked from 'em all"
in MO.  I've worked from all of the counties in WA state during the Salmon Run
in September so I guess that's my thing!  You sure wind up going to unusual
places in the quest for counties.  See you next year from the NW corner of the
state!

73, Ward N0AX