[3830] EA RTTY IZ3NVR SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 4 14:49:27 EDT 2017

EA RTTY Contest

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: JN65

   80:    3     3
   15:    5     5
Total:  191    52  Total Score = 34,176

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I'm not really into RTTY contest but thought that I should try a minor one for
once. I had the antennas up for the CQWPX and felt like trying it before
dismantling the yagi.

I had issues configuring the FT-950 for RTTY so I decided to go with the FT-450
(surprisingly with the same radio setting it was working). Conditions were not
good at all. 15m yielded very few contacts altough I enjoyed working PZ5RA in
that band. 20m was the money band and it was obvious. Lots of EA stations
active but very few DXes worked (mainly due to conditions I think).

I operated a lot of time. RTTY is still not my thing but I must admit it is a
nice way of doing some low power contacts.

Thanks to all who copied my signal.

RTX: FT-450 @5W
Ant: 3el beam - 40m dipole - 80m (nothing)