[3830] GaQP K4BAI Single OpCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 10 08:35:32 EDT 2017

Georgia QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: GA/MUSC
Operating Time (hrs): 14:16

  160:     44
   15:      1
   10:      0
    6:      0
------------------------
Total:    722       0  CW-Dig Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 75,088

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, tee vertical.  Thanks
for all QSOs and for participating in the GA QSO Party.  Apologies to all who
were looking for the promised W4AN/M many county operation.  We were unable to
solve RFI problems and rig keying problems and gave up the mobile effort.  I
made a few low power QSOs from the KU8E QTH with my rig.  Unfortunately, I used
K4BAI believing that further QSOs would be from W4AN/M and thereby caused some
confusion when I operated the rest of the contest with the same call, but with
the MUSC multiplier instead of HARR.

When I began operating from home, I intended to do both CW and SSB.  I did make
four SSB QSOs (which are still in the log), but N1MM+ refused to log them on SSB
until I edited each QSO.  That reminds me of a problem with the original N1MM
program years ago.  There was some obscure menu item that, when checked, caused
the program to log all QSOs on any mode as on CW.  If anyone knows where to find
that so I can turn it off before the next contest, please let me know.

Band conditions on the low bands were very good and were fair on 20M.  Nice to
work a lot of Europeans there.  The only QSO on 15 was W2RR, who asked me to
move there about 1500Z Sunday and we worked bakscatter.  Otherwise, many checks
of that band revealed no signals.  40M had long skip and it was hard to work
nearby stations.   Missed from MUSC:  AK, ND, VE5-6-7-8-VO.  Did work KL7SB
from HARR.

Hope we can be mobile again next year.  73, John, K4BAI.