[3830] 144SprngSprnt W9SZ Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 18 10:08:42 EDT 2017

144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN50ue

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Operated portable for last 1.5 hours of contest from a hill in EN50ue. Used new
FT817 barefoot as rig. Heard quite a few more stations than I was able to work
but they probably had their beams pointed elsewhere and were running a lot more
power than me. Best DX was to EN54. Heard South Dakota but was unable to work.

Police came up there to see what I was doing. I've been doing portable VHF
operations from that hill for 10 years or more and never had that happen
before. No problem with them but I was surprised someone reported me. It's a
pretty desolate site on a dead-end road.