[3830] MiQP K8MQP(@W8MJ) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 19 21:48:24 EDT 2017

Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MQP
Operator(s): K8CC K9TM KE8OC W8MJ WR8W
Station: W8MJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: LIVI

--------------------
Total:  262    505  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 102  Total Score = 172,872

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was our sixth K8MQP multi-single operation from the QTH of Ken, W8MJ in
Livingston County.  Pretty much the same antennas and station arrangement  We
had two full-time and three part time ops to keep the rigs covered.

We started out on 40M with good rates, but even then the band seemed long and
not a lot of in-state stations were worked.  The big surprise was 20 SSB
providing 108 QSOs during the 18Z hour an additional partial hours of good
rates later.

75M phone started producing well as early as the 21Z hour, but the band got
very noisy as darkness fell and we had to resort to using Ken's K9AY loop and
beverages to hear many of the signals.

The lack of short skip made it difficult to hear the mobiles (not that we
didn't try).  So we had only one mobile QSO, with K8IR/CRAW on 80 SSB of all
places.  As the result, our mults were down but our QSOs were up, and all the
ops had a good time.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs,

73 de Dave/K8CC for the K8MQP Operating Team