[3830] CWopsT NN5O LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 26 10:13:19 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 26

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :44

Total:  52  Mults = 46  Total Score = 2,392

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy made a house call to my garage shack this morning during CWT.  Had to
'reset radios' 3 times.  'COM11 is in use by another program' error became
rather common.  All 40m Qs were shown in log as being on same frequency.
Sheesh.  I think I got it worked out, but it surely slowed me down (or, at
least, that's the lame excuse I'm going with...to overcome my poor operator
prowess!)

Best ears award today goes to N5AW (20m); K7SV (40m); WJ9B (40m); and KG5U
(40m).  I don't know how you guys heard my puny signal through the QRN and
propagation realities.  But, you pulled me outta the mud SOMEHOW!

I noticed while SandP on 40m early that I was chasing John, K4AFE.  Just as I
would tune to a new runner, I would hear that station giving K4AFE a report,
then I'd try to fall in behind John.  Tuning up band, there it goes again.
Shoot, how many receivers does John McVey have, anyway???  He's a really good
op (being serious for only one moment!)...and y'all need to know that he is an
absolutely FANTASTIC instructor in CW Academy!  I'm privileged to receive the
MP3 recordings that he makes of each class...and I marvel at how he handles
those guys so amazingly well.  Great job, John (AKA 'Mac' from our childhood
neighbor days).

Here's hoping y'all have a great day.  Make it so!

[Still offering an invitation for any CW Ops members who are not already
engaged with a club effort...our Deep Dixie Contest Club is building several
teams already for the July/August NAQP outings.  RTTY is in July.  CW is August
5.  SSB is August 19.  Already, we have two teams built and have enough for a
third team, almost.  I suspect we will have 5-6 teams, so we welcome any of you
who want to join our fun fracus.  Just lemme know -- email is
nn5olarry at gmail.com)
[See our web site at http://deepdixiecc.org]

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400 foot horizontal loop up 40 feet