[3830] 222SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 26 11:33:23 EDT 2017

222 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Like last Monday for the 144 MHz, Tuesday offered very nice weather conditions
and decent activity in the northwest suburban area of Chicago-land for the 222
MHz event. Only one other rover about but I had a HORIZONTALLY polarized
antenna this time which helped a lot, despite 'ye olde' FT-736R being
challenged to put out more that 15 watts or so.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately
from each Grid-4 visited and add them up. I did not manage to work any
grid locators outside of the four I visited.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51  7  4
EN52  7  4
EN61  9  3
EN62 11  4
Tot. 34 15 = 510

Total DX - 1385 km

Fewer QSOs and lower total score than last week on 144 MHz but more distance,
thanks to three QSOs with N9LB ranging from 140-155 km. Shortest dx were two
QSOs at 5 km and 9 km, my only QSOs < 10 km.

Eleven different calls worked, three of them from all four of the Grid-4s I
visited and several from three out of the four I visited.

Thanks (again) to Kent, KA2KQM, and Mike, WB8BZK, for their continued work as
the Spring Sprint hosting team and to Central States for their sponsorship.

Thanks also to ALL who were on and participated in the 2017 222 MHz Spring
Sprint.

73, JK