[3830] FlQP W4D(KT4Q) SOAB(A)SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 30 23:01:50 EDT 2017

Florida QSO Party

Call: W4D
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SOAB(A)SSB HP
QTH: LAK

   40:          214
   20:         1430
   15:           45
   10:           11
--------------------
Total:   0     1700  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 91  Total Score = 154,700

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My Station was a Special 1x1 FLORIDASUN Station so score actually is the sum of
the QSOs made which is 1,700.

Bands were a bit odd.  20 was really good one minute, then totally dropped off
the next.  Worked 15M and 10M some on Sunday.  They were open but not many
customers.  40 was S9 - +10 noise so wore out my DSP and Filter knobs &
buttons Saturday night for 2 hours.  Saturday's QSO count was about twice as
good as was Sunday.  Was able to work all NA Sections except YT and NL.  The
last 2 hours on Sunday I split my contacts 50/50 with EU and NA.  Significant
amount of attempted dupes on Sunday, more than I remember from last few years.
I had one operator dupe me 4 times.
A coule of firsts for me.  One was an operator in truck/mobile that was
traveling through many states and stayed on my running frequency and when he
entered a new state he would give me a report.  Kinda like a Reverse Rover.
Another was a aeronautical mobile.  When I asked his location for the report he
said he was in a C130 at 28,000' dodging thunderstorms near Dayton, Ohio.  I
told him he didn't need to be talking to me. Hi Hi.
I think next year I should share the station and have either a Mulit-two or M/M
operation.

Rig:  Yaesu FTdx5000MP
Amp:  Alpha 9500 @ 1500w
Ant:  Cushcraft X7 Beam @ 60'