[3830] NCCC Sprint NQ6N HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 4 15:33:32 EDT 2017

NCCC Sprint - Aug 4

Call: NQ6N
Operator(s): NQ6N
Station: NQ6N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

   80:  10      9
   40:  14     11
   20:   3      3
Total:  27     23  Total Score = 621

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Strange conditions indeed.  Nice to hear Pat N9RV joining this week.

Used this session to test out the Waterfall Bandmap integration with N1MM+.

Using the very inexpensive ($100 range) SDRPlay receiver, waterfall bandmap
works quite nicely.  It shows a horizontally scrolling waterfall that is
clickable, and N1MM uses the same data to create a spectrum display which is
also clickable. Both show calls spotted next to signals if connected to the
cluster.

So far I've been quite pleased with the utility of this simple system. I'm
largely indifferent to having a pan adapter, often preferring to widen the
filter and hear the signals, but there are times when having one is really
nice, and the solution created by N2IC is very solid.  In some ways it's nice
to have the pan adapter functioning a bit decoupled from the rig.

73 and thanks for the Qs.