[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 00:26:47 EDT 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Winter, WI

  160:    4     4
   10:   18     9
-------------------
Total:  342   134  Total Score = 45,828

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Fried Twinkies

Comments:

I planned to operate about 6 hours, but the bands were pretty good, with 10 and
15 providing more QSOs and mults than expected, so I put in some extra time.
About 75% of the QSOs were S&P. I probably was able to work about 80% of
the stations I called while S&P, some with a lot of repeats. I was able to
CQ productively on 20 and a bit on 40. I was able to CQ with answers on 10 and
15, but the rate was much better S&P so I gave that up. Only 1 QSO from
CQing on 80. Of the 20 or so stations I called on 160 I was able to work 2
easily and 2 with a lot of effort on the part of the other station-thanks W9RE
and NA8V. Good activity. I had 2 ND stations in a row call in while CQing on
40. That must be a first for me. Thanks to all who pulled out my signal.

Gear: K-3 5W
C-19 at 55 ft 20/15/10
Dipole at 50 ft 40/80
Phased (2) verticals 40