[3830] EUHF Champ OH0X(OH6KZP) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 04:17:49 EDT 2017

European HF Championship

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Brando

  160:   165           54
   80:   255           57
   40:   256           60
   20:   281           63
   15:   194           51
   10:   103           44
---------------------------
Total:  1254    0     329  Total Score = 410,263

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

As far as I can recall, this was my first EUHFC (in at least 18 years...), so I
was a bit clueless.

Fortunately the activity more than made up for the poor band conditions.
Looking at the breakdown, I screwed up with the 40m band. I also put a lot of
time into esoteric 15m/10m QSOs in the beginning of the contest (at the cost of
rate), frantically gathering mults while thinking those bands might not open up
again. Alas, I was proven wrong by nice openings later on...!

Anyway, fun and nice rates abounded. It was also fun to follow the race on the
live scoreboard at cqcontest.net. Within the band change rules, SO2R was useful
mostly in finding 10m/15m openings, making quicker transitions from one band to
another, and moving a few multipliers.

Congratulations to Pertti OH2PM in our tight local competition! :)

73
Kim OH6KZP