[3830] NAQP CW W3USA(K8MR/M) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 18:12:16 EDT 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR/M
Station: W3USA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: I-80

   40:  32     16
   20:  38     22
Total:  70     38  Total Score = 2,660

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 3

Comments:

Have HamStick will travel. I operated for two hours while my wife drove I-80 in
PA from MM145 to MM295. Single antenna, switched halfway through from 20 to 40,
although I did work K1TR on 40 by letting the K3 tune the 20 meter HamStick.

As noted by others, lots of QSB and marginal signals on 20 meters. 40 wasn't
too bad, but not real active by the time I went QRT at 2030Z.

I had hoped to get on as K8MR in NJ from my daughter's house, but between wine,
family time, and lack of sleep going in, decided that trying to get things set
up in the dark was not going to happen.

Hope to work lots of you in the Ohio QSO Party on Saturday, August 26.

73  -  Jim  K8MR