[3830] NAQP CW W1WBB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 21:14:47 EDT 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  434   113  Total Score = 49,042

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Kind of last minute decision to operate as schedule opened up late.  Then
decided it was time to finally change it up with the name!  I like the 2-letter
approach so went with my younger son's nickname/initials  -- he's a competitor
who encourages my radiosport.  I was prepared for the repeats ;^)  No idea what
I'll do next NAQP CW event!?!

First time in a few years to be able to put in 10 hrs in this contest.  Pretty
much a 3-band event for me -- inability to TX on 15m (rig issue) and currently
no 160m ant.  No Es propagation on 10m noted the few times I checked.

Consistently weak, weak sigs on 20m with rapid, heavy QSB likely as result of
strong sustained solar wind stream striking earth... compounded by recent S4-5
local noise source to my west made copy a challenge (CW filtering helps!).  40m
and esp. 80m had lots of static crash QRN for me throughout... hence the many
repeats.  Always fun on CW, no matter.  Thanks for the Q's!  73, W1WBB

Icom 706 MKIIG to a Hexbeam @ 32', 88' doublet on 40/80m up 40' + low OCF
dipole.  N1MM+ Logger with WinKeyer USB.  LoTW & ClubLog user.