[3830] 222Up K3TUF Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 7 16:22:58 EDT 2017

ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10we

  1.2:   16
  2.3:    7
  3.4:    7
  5.7:    6
  10G:    0
  24G:    1
------------
Total:  113  Total Score = 48,344

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I LOVE this contest. It was always my favorite, but now with the distance
scoring, I think it's the best. I know my score doesn't reflect this based on
my past scores, but there were some events that kept me from operating on
Saturday until late at night.
One benefit of that was that I got to experience the 'fresh meat' effect and
was  very busy until very late (or should I say early in the morning).
Conditions were nothing special, but I did enjoy a couple of 400 and 500 mile
contacts on the lower two bands, and a couple of 300 mile contacts on the 902
bonus band.
I just think this concept is going to sink in and get better and better. I will
make sure my calendar is clear next year, and work this one to the bone.
Lets get more 222, 902 and 5760 gear on the air.
73, Phil K3TUF