[3830] WAE CW K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 13 22:09:11 EDT 2017

WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME & NJ

   80:
   40:  10     6     15
   20:  23    19     22
-------------------------
Total:  33    25     37  Total Score = 2,146

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Squeezed a few WAE QSOs into a weekend on the road. Started the contest Friday
evening in Chatham, MA, on Cape Cod about half a mile from the ocean. Couldn't
tell if the nearby salt water helped, as the band (40) was pretty crummy to EU.
W3 and W4 were loud, however.

Sunday afternoon I got on for a bit from my daughter's house in NJ, on 20
meters. Nothing spectacular here either.

Antenna in both places was a 52 foot vertical wire; in MA fed via a magmount on
the car plus a single 33' elevated radial; in NJ mounted on the ground with
about six random length radials.

73  -  Jim  K8MR