[3830] SEQP K0GUZ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 22 11:47:37 EDT 2017

Solar Eclipse QSO Party

Call: K0GUZ
Operator(s): K0GUZ
Station: K0GUZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Guernsey, Wyoming
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    7                     7
   20:    8                     8
-----------------------------------
Total:   15     0       0      15  Total Score = 590

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Rig:  KX3, 10-13 Watts
Antenna:  Alex-Loop magnetic loop antenna
Location:  About 10 miles north of Guernsey, Wyoming

We drove to a private ranch north of Guernsey, Wyoming (DN72PJ)and I set up
near the car, hardly an optimum location.  Spent about as much time explaining
what I was doing to curious guests as operating! I had a computer failure so
had to program the KX3 memory manually and log on paper.

The total eclipse was unforgettable.  No druids or witches spotted.