[3830] SEQP VE3CV SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 22 15:26:16 EDT 2017

Solar Eclipse QSO Party

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN93el

  160:    9     0       0       6
   80:   24     0       0      17
   40:
   20:    9     0       0       9
-----------------------------------
Total:   42     0       0      32  Total Score = 2,688

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well that was fun and a good way to beat the heat in the cool shack.  Made tips
outside every 20min with my special glasses to observe the progress of the 70%
local solar eclipse. Clear sky here.  Was planning to stay on 160 all day, but
the lack of active RBN skimmers (only 1 thanks to W8WTS) made me move to 80 to
generate more data for the HamSci folks. Lots of CQs, few takers. Managed to
reach Arkansas on 160m at 1824Z (local max at 1830Z) for longest contact.
Should be lots of data generated during this event for the HamSci folks to play
with.  Will look forward to a summary in QST.
73 Jeff, VE3CV

100W into FT1000MP
80m doublet at 50ft for 160m vertical + 14 radials
80m delta loop.
Hexxbeam at 45ft used on 20m