[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 23 11:39:39 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 23

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  139  Mults = 112  Total Score = 15,568

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Using the SteppIR at 84 feet.  Start on 40.  1500 W, 36 WPM

33 Q @1312Z loud signals, many calling, W4 really loud, layers deep
52 Q @1319Z
1322Z pause , lots of CQing needed
67 Q @1322Z slowing down
82 Q @1330Z

Getting message Radio #1 Flex-6000 Series on COM 7 is not responding.  Had to
restart SDR and N1MM Possible conflict between DHCP servers and network in
house.  Directly connected Flex to computer after the contest.
94 Q @1337. Few signals on band.

40 meters works!

Band change.  Erratic SWR on 20.  Seems that radio wants a tuner to the amp,
but SWR OK (After contest found the TX delay was set to ) and changed to 10 ms)
 Lots 5 minutes in the band change! Really need an alternate antenna for 40
(like a low dipole) that I can use while the SteppIR is changing.  Additionally
could use a low 20 yagi like a 203BA at 30 ft.  This would be good for SO2R. Add
automation of switching to the list!
This would have been a really great score once I get the quirks worked out.