[3830] SEQP N4TMM SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 24 23:10:43 EDT 2017

Solar Eclipse QSO Party

Call: N4TMM
Operator(s): N4TMM
Station: N4TMM

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Hayesville, NC

   40:    8                     8
   20:   21                    21
-----------------------------------
Total:   29     0       0      29  Total Score = 841

Operated my KX2 at 5W to an LNR End Fedz antenna from a farm in Hayesville, NC,
in total occlusion zone (EM85ca).  For the first several hours, the antenna was
strung as a sloper from a barn, which after wondering why my antenna was not as
hot as usual, I noted had a copper roof.  I then moved the antenna to extend as
a sloper from a tree and got signal reports that were a good deal stronger, as
well as lots better range.  Unfortunately it was not until after the eclipse
that I noticed the problem and moved the antenna.