[3830] 50FallSprnt N6ZE/R Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 27 12:38:47 EDT 2017

50 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: N6ZE/R
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: cn88

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

The Fall 2017 6 Meter SPRINT was held on a beautiful summer day in late August.
My XYL & I took advantage of the great weather to tour the Eastern side of
the Olympic Peninsula in Grids CN87 & 88. We saw lots of the Puget Sound
area on our ride, lots of tourists, lavender farms, and the distant Olympic
Mountains, islands, & Mt. Baker. We briefly stopped at the South end of
Discover Bay (at sea level!)to try to make a QSO from CN87: just lots of noise.
I worked WA7ZWG (CN88) from the Dungeness Beach Park in Sequim, WA (CN88).
Later, while waiting to board the Pt. Townsend - Coupeville Ferry, I made 6
QSOs with the usual PNW operators. I operated from a hilltop (~~300 ft msl)near
downtown Pt. Townsend. Results: lots of good scenery & sighteeing, 200 miles
driven during the day, rode on 3 ferry boats, ate great Thai food in Sequim,
made 7 QSOs from only one grid, but 'operated' from 2 grids. Successfully
making QSOs from only 1 grid made me a "Single Op" entry instead of
my typical "rover" entry. I told my XYL that I'd be happy if I made 1
QSO in this SPRINT, so my small goal was achieved!  Rig: FT991 @ 20 watts and
1/4 wave mag mount. Thanks to all who heard my peanut whistle.