[3830] NAQP SSB N6AN/7 Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 27 21:31:57 EDT 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N6AN/7
Operator(s): N6AN/7
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   20:  15     12
Total:  15     12  Total Score = 180

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Just back to Pasadena after an eclipse road trip through Nevada to Idaho and
back.
I was operating from the Grey Cliffs campground in Great Basin National Park
outside of Baker, NV, a 7300' QTH.
The station was a KX3, battery power, 4 Watts, and an inverted vee hanging from
30' on a Spiderpole.
In my excitement at being actually heard by someone I forgot that I use the
name REX in the contests with name exchanges. Apologies to those confused by my
real name, hi! Rex is a tribute to my old call, AA6RX, and my old QTH, XE.
My brother and I climbed Wheeler peak earlier the same day, but I didn't try
taking radio along. It was pretty windy on top, anyway, and any antenna
wouldn't have stayed up very long.
Thanks for hearing me!

73,
David N6AN