[3830] KsQP K7IA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 27 23:32:32 EDT 2017

Kansas QSO Party

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 7:24

   80:
   40:   65     14
   20:   84     34
----------------------------
Total:  149     48      0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 41,468

Bob, W0BH, and his group continue to offer inducements for both in-state and
out-of-state operators to work this active and very hospitable state QSO Party!
 Just look at the Rules as they evolve over recent years--nearly everyone gets
some sort of prize in 2017...

Chasing mobiles is always fun, but the KSQP webpage included an online spot
page where anyone could enter a spot to find the mobiles in nearly real time.
Drat!  I didn't discover the page until Sunday morning!

Many mobiles had surprisingly strong signals, but for those who didn't, they
stuck with the QSO until both exchanges were made.  FB ops!

It would be helpful if mobiles would add a county abbreviation on, say, every
other CQ.  I'm always reluctant to make a call if I think it might be a dupe
and waste the other chap's time...

This QP has become my favorite single state Party, owing to the great
organization, busy mobiles, and friendly ops who represent their state like
gentlemen.  I have wanted to operate the KSQP from Kansas sometime as a fixed
portable from several sites during the weekend.  Alas, we welcome hummingbirds
every summer, and because they return to the spot where they were hatched, our
population has grown to well over 100 birds this summer.  We've seen scores of
new youngsters this summer--next year's guests!  I refill seven feeders twice
daily (11 cups of table sugar daily).  We live in the Outback, off grid, and
there are no close neighbors who feed in the event we aren't here for more than
a day.  We are committed to keeping our little guests going without
interruption.  We will easily go through over 150 lbs of sugar this summer...

The things we do for fun!!

Thanks Bob and Gang for a great time!

73, dan