[3830] HiQP K7HKR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 28 20:16:54 EDT 2017

Hawaii QSO Party

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:           1             1
   20:           7             4
   15:           2             2
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:   0      10      0      7  Total Score = 140

100 watts, homebrew magnetic loops from AZ

Worked 5 stations in the first hour or so, then a few odds and ends during the
KS and OH parties, and a final one on Sunday afternoon.  With my bi-directional
loops, I could leave them in one position for all three states.  Not
surprisingly, 20 was the money band, but 15 was open at times both Saturday and
Sunday afternoons.  10 meters opened up to the SE US and Caribbean Sunday
afternoon, but not to HI.  There were several stations I heard on 20/40 but
couldn't work, otherwise just not a lot of HI signals on any band.