[3830] CQWW CW P40C(KU1CW) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 1 23:38:24 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40C
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: P40C

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Noise Hell

Was a quiet QTH for a couple of days after the arrival due to a lot of rain and
good connections, but after it all dried out troubles showed up. Few sources of
noise in random sequence S5 to S9+20.
 Late contest start - was going around the block with SDR in an attempt to
locate some smaller noise sources.
 Started with S7 noise across 40M and S9 on 20. In the middle of the night it
quiets up and I enjoyed nice 80/160M runs. Second day S9+ noise came back
pretty steady and I pretty much quit the contest.It was like running in the mud
and trying to catch up with track runners.
 Turned on the packet and was coming in and out of shack for some short runs
and interesting Q's picking.
 Made a mistake on picking category - should off gone with Classic 24HR to
minimize suffering. Would be an easy win.

Otherwise enjoyed a good time in Curacao (stopped at PJ2T) and Aruba.

Thanks for the QSOs!
73! Alex PJ2/KU1CW, P40C, on this trip.