[3830] ARRL 160 K7XC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 02:54:56 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: N NV - DM09jh

Total:  QSOs = 401  Sections = 70  Countries = 4  Total Score = 60,458

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday afternoon was slow till almost dark when I found a freq and ran stations
for a couple hours, then a bit of looking for mults, followed by running more
stations. The band was sorta noisy but very workable. After several hours my
brain needed a break. Came back 2 hours later and worked folks till I couldn't
stay awake and went to bed after midnight. The alarm jolted me awake a bit
before 5AM to chase down any Pacific/Asian mults and sure enough worked a JA as
the sun crested the plateau. Came back to the band around 4PM to continue but
this time we had a fresh cold front working its way in with 50+ MPH gusts
making it almost impossible to hear anything as it agitated the noisy power
lines in a raucous frenzy of buzzing. At 0730Z I threw down the headphones in
disgust and filed this report having had enough for one weekend. Station: A
very old IC-746 driving a AL-80B to 750W into a 30 ft tall 175 long Inv L in
the back of the 5 acre lot. 73 and merry XMAS de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk