[3830] ARRL 160 K8BKM SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 08:54:23 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 8:52

Total:  QSOs = 506  Sections = 74  Countries = 3  Total Score = 75,554

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Was only able to operate the first hour of the contest but managed to work 100
Q's. Returned two hours later  and operated another two hours but had half the
rate and only logged another 100 in this second session. Returned at sunset
Saturday for 1.5 hours and then later put in my longest session until about
2:30 am Sunday. In all about 9 hours which resulted in the most Q's I've ever
logged in this contest in the last 3 years.

Worked very little DX since I was on low power. Heard a handful and was tempted
to turn on the amplifier and change my category. Only worked 4 of the 10
California sections. Didn't get up at sunrise to try to work Hawaii. Didn't
expect or attempt a sweep so why did I run unlimited (assisted)? It wasn't a
competitive effort, in fact I didn't intend to put this much time into it but I
tend to get sucked in as the Q's accumulate.

Next to SS CW and Field Day, this is one of my favorite contests. Great
fast-paced action. Thanks for the Q's.

73, Tom
K8BKM