[3830] ARRL 160 K0VXU SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 11:52:58 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 15:01

Total:  QSOs = 862  Sections = 81  Countries = 11  Total Score = 163,576

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A, Inverted L, short Beverage directed due East, N1MM+

Always surprised at the activity in this test.  But most surprised by signal
propagation.  This time I chose unlimited and used spotting assistance.  I
actually was being heard in Europe.  But, then, seeing the spots for XO1X and
not being able to hear him was depressing.

No sweep of the US and Canada this time.  Left on the unworked list was NT (see
above), PR (understandable), and PAC.  Since I didn't commit to BIC this one, I
must have missed the guys in Hawaii during my off times.  Yet, it was nice to
work JA3YBK Sunday morning.  And thanks to WL7E for calling and being patient
as I strove to copy through the noise.  I must get better receiving antennas
for 160.

Great contest, great fun, and great to see so many familiar callsigns.  Thanks
to all who put up with me asking for repeats and for all those that heard me
and gave  a call and QSO.  It was also very heartening to hear many of the
KCCCers in this test.  In like manner as Johnny Marshall (SK) used to say,
"It's not how many Watts you have.  It's the SIZE of your Watts."

73,
Russ - K0VXU