[3830] ARRL 160 WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 16:54:46 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 427  Sections = 77  Countries = 5  Total Score = 71,996

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Came within 6 of getting a Clean Sweep.  Can't believe no KH6 or NE.  Like the
SS, no NNY.  PR not there, but they have a hurricane excuse. Canadian NL and NT
can be tough in any contest.

Lucked out and got KL7 and ND not long before QRT.  Only one JA.  I'm sure
there were others to work, but best noise null on my loop puts the null on JA.
I have a K9AY under construction that might have made a difference.  Should have
it up for the CQ 160 meter contest.  Don't think I have room for a DHDL pointed
at JA, but it would be nice.

The end result was almost identical to last year's effort.  Thirteen fewer
QSOs, slightly bigger multiplier, so end score was about 4k points higher this
year.

Equipment: K3 w/P3 to AL82  Loop RX antenna
TX antenna: "T" made from 80 meter dipole, using 55' feedline as
vertical radiator fed against 12 radials to property lines, only one 1/4
wavelength.  Essentially a 55' top-loaded vertical.