[3830] ARRL 160 AC0W Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 20:49:25 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 794  Sections = 74  Countries = 4  Total Score = 124,800

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

One of these years I need to do something for a receive antenna. I could hear
many stations calling but they were too weak and in the noise to copy.

Anyone experience some of the crazy QSB? It was like there were several
different types of QSB occurring at the same time.  Some of it very slow, where
it would be several minutes between when you could hear the station. Some of it
average speed. Some was extremely fast, mid-letter the station would just
disappear and and in the middle of the next letter the station would reappear.

Toughest were those stations that insisted in send my call then theirs. Problem
is just when they started sending their call they would fade away. Repeat and it
happens again. Hopefully they eventually will learn to not waste time sending my
call when I'm running.

Thanks for the Q's

Bill
AC0W