[3830] ARRL 160 KE2D Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 21:06:12 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 3:44

Total:  QSOs = 254  Sections = 56  Countries = 0  Total Score = 28,784

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was fortunate enough and honored to be asked to guest op at super station W2GD
and fill-in a couple spots.  I had a great time and it was exciting to see an
operation like that. Things were still coming together when I arrived mid to
late afternoon and they came right down to the wire with perhaps less than 2
minutes to spare but incredibly when start time came, we were calling CQ.  It
was great experience and one I'll never forget. Many thanks to the W2GD team
for your patience and the opportunity.

This score is my small personal effort after I got home around midnight on
Saturday night.  I couldn't help myself and had to get on for a couple hours
and get a few more points for the FRC club score.  If you've had the experience
of being "fresh meat" and calling CQ in a contest during the waning
hours you know what a rush it can be.  It was good to hear so many familiar
calls still going.  The run died down, I scanned the band a couple times and
then turned in.  I got back on about a half hour before sunrise and operated
for about another hour.

73,
Bob - KE2D