[3830] ARRL 160 K9MMS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 23:41:09 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 930  Sections = 78  Countries = 10  Total Score = 167,640

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Missed PR, EB, LAX, PAC, and NT.  KH6 is usually well represented in 160-meter
contests, but never heard one this time.  18 DX Qs overall -- got a partial
from a few others, but they just could not quite copy my 100 watts for a good
Q.

Spent too much time tuning for mults and missed the 1k QSO level.  77% of Qs
via CQ runs.  Great rates on Friday night and finished day one with 605 QSOs.
Rates were very slow on Saturday.  Getting too old for contesting all night.
:)

Too bad the W/VE stations never seem to leave the 1830 to 1835 DX window open
(clearly stated in the ARRL 160 meter contest rules -- I know this subject gets
too much debate at times).  Very hard to copy weak DX below domestic HP CQ
machines, and a "clear DX window" would be nice.

Thanks for the Qs, Ms, and fun.
73,
   Gary