[3830] ARRL 160 K7QA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 4 01:53:59 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MT

Total:  QSOs = 796  Sections = 80  Countries = 8  Total Score = 138,380

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Used a rehabbed 500 watt amp for HP and spotting websites to assist this time.
Higher power does help running on the Top Band. As in SS, we could not find NNY
or PR even with the spotters. ARRL really should stick NNY back in ENY. Heard
MAR but missed a Q. Only KH6CC worked in PAC. Where were all the HI regulars?

What a difference a day makes in propagation. Did not hear one single JA
Saturday morning at greyline but heard other western US stations working them.
The westcoast certainly has an advantage to Asia. Completely different tho on
Sunday as we worked every JA we heard and most answering our CQ with decent
sigs.

10 meters will no doubt be a dead doornail for this area next weekend but CU in
SP next month.
73, Tom