[3830] 10RTTY AB1J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 4 09:39:10 EST 2017

Ten-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 00:03

Total:  QSOs = 2  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 1  Total Score = 4

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Yep, that's what N1MM+ says: 3 minutes. Last year's experience suggested I
should skip this year but still I peeked in on occasion to watch the band scope
flat line.

Heard VP8NO doing S&P so I scooted upband to fish for him (I have a
license) and caught him. Kept him. Soon after I worked K1SM here in MA who was
working out the kinks while migrating from N1MM to N1MM+. I hope he's on Win 10
and not Win 8 like me where N1MM+ isn't supported.

I spent some of the afternoon IMing with my cousin KN8Y is SC.  He's a rail fan
and introduced me to some nice live rail cams.  The one we watched most was at
Horseshoe Curve near Altoona, PA.  Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCkBPm7ICk

Here's an outstanding drone survey of the site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ptw7igKIrM

There's a nice entry in Wikipedia.

There is a lot of train traffic, including as I write this. One going down and
one going up.  Mostly containers in both directions.

And you can enjoy this on a zero sunspot day.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
Unsupported N1MM+ on Win8