[3830] ARRL 160 N4WW SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 6 01:03:00 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW
Station: N4WW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: apopka

Total:  QSOs = 657  Sections = 77  Countries = 41  Total Score = 178,888

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Always enjoy 160 contests and my favorite band. Operating most every year since
1980 or so.

Fun to try for all the arrl sections. After 400 qso's or so 0300 Saturday night
I figured I could call cq and get at least easy sections like ewa and wtx plus
ne,nd,lax. But 200 qso's later and no calls from any of them. So tuned for the
last hour and did rapid S&P. Finally heard a NE call some one and moved up
fq 5 khz and found a spot and called cq and there he was along with a ND. It
used to be that ND was always hardest qso on 160 and had to wait for w0ztl to
get on late Saturday nite with big pileup. But last few years he has been a no
show. Missed wtx,lax,ewa,kh6,kp4,vy1. Lax probably is becoming unlivable for
hams I suspect but apparently not a problem in SS.

Dx had good signals and had no Rx antennas but worked everything I could hear.
Most notable is reduced polar disturbance and worked several OH's and SM's
along with YL,LY,LA and OH0Z. Suspect I missed a few answers to my cq's from
europe because of no RX antennas.

73 doc n4ww