[3830] ARRL 10 G4FKA SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 15:23:59 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  180    32
  SSB:   53    16
-------------------
Total:  233    48  Total Score = 39,264

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

Normally I use a wet string antenna but on Sunday it was a snowy string as the
first snowfalls of winter came to the west of England. Saturday conditions were
generally dire up to 16:00. Only 20 QSOs from the point the band opened around
08:00. Then at 16:01 it was like a gate was opened and Europe were finally
there. I worked 4 times as many in the next two hours as the whole period up to
16:00. So it was much more fun until the last of the day's 110 QSOs at 19:23.

On Sunday the band opened later with the first QSO at 09:25 but then it was a
more distributed run of 123 QSOs through the day with just a couple of hours
with no contacts. Last QSO later at 19:51.

The propagation was very Europe oriented and there were only three QSOs outside
Europe, namely Uruguay, Brazil and Namibia. I guess this is par for the course
at this stage of the sunspots.

ICOM IC-756ProIII, Expert 1K-FA and a snow covered fixed wire dipole at 4m.

Thanks for all the QSOs and see you all in the next one.