[3830] ARRL 10 KY7M(@NA7TB) SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 18:45:35 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KY7M
Operator(s): KY7M
Station: NA7TB

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

   CW:  214    42
  SSB:  127    31
-------------------
Total:  341    73  Total Score = 81,030

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I was very pleased to catch the sporadic E openings on Friday night.  It
resulted in 27 states from Florida and the Carolinas on the east coast all the
way to the west coast states later in the evening along with the four western
VE provinces.  It was good to hear a number of the XE states active over the
weekend. This was our first chance to try out a new Force 12 C-19XR tribander
at our remote site.  Its 5 elements on 10m performed to expectations.  Needless
to say, after Friday night, the contest was not a lot of fun in this part of the
world and the QSO total did not increase much.  I appreciated all of the
activity from South America.  Most of the QSOs on Saturday and Sunday were
either from SA or ground wave and backscatter to neighboring states.