[3830] ARRL 10 W4PK SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 19:00:34 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:06

   CW:  117    32
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  117    32  Total Score = 14,976

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well,what can I say?  Conditions certainly were way down from 2011 where I had
871 CW QSOs for a score of 581,828, my personal best for this contest.

This year I only managed to get 6 DX contacts, all trans-equatorial. One was
with C51 in Africa and the other was with New Zealand.  The rest was with South
America: CE, CX, LU and PY.  At times on Saturday the South American stations
were booming in with S9 signals!

Sunday was not nearly as good with several stations not hearing me at all.  And
I am running a KW to a 7-element 10M beam!

I was picked up by skimmers a only a couple of times during the contest.  Many
times when I did try running I could tell that someone was calling me but I
just could not copy!  And I had the same problem with several of the PVRC
members not being able to hear me when I tried to answer their CQs.

The furthest West I was able to work was Kansas, and again that was on
Saturday.

73, Sam W4PK