[3830] ARRL 10 W1TJL SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 20:11:24 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CT FN32

   CW:  143    30
  SSB:  179    24
-------------------
Total:  322    52  Total Score = 48,360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I heard a lot of complaining about the conditions during the 160 last
weekend.  But that was a WALK IN THE PARK compared to this week...  :-)

Noise, no propagation and when there was, huge QSB and noise. Not fun.  But
butt in chair time and catching those little openings helped.  Not one Europe
and little other DX.  Just a couple of Canadian stations.

I fully intended to put in even more time but with some software / operator
(more likely the operator than the software) I had a few hours Friday night
where I was more worried about fixing the issues than in making contacts.  But
by later that evening it got resolved and then I was far behind.  But after
heading to the sack after the band shut down about 9:30 PM I started Saturday
morning and did fairly well...

It was fun chasing and catching the stations on CQContest that were ahead of
me.  A small sample surely but it does drive me onward.

So what is the next contest??  :-)

73, Tom