[3830] ARRL 10 W1DYJ SO Mixed Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 21:06:11 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 7 hour

   CW:  39      7
  SSB:  11      4
-------------------
Total:  50     11  Total Score = 1,958

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:     TS-2000

Antenna: 5 el HB at 10M above grade on a roof tower.
         I live on a hill sloping to the north.
         HFTA shows how this hurts me to the south.
         Naturally, the only countries heard were in SA.

Log:     N3FJP's ARRL 10 Meter Contest Log  Version 5.6

This is the 24th year I have entered the 10M contest.
The good news: I beat my scores from the last two sunspot
minimums, thanks to CW.

Knowing how bad the conditions would be, I decided to use this
contest as a CW practice vehicle. It made it fun, even though it
was VERY laid-back due to the few stations on at any one time.
The big knob and rotator got a lot of use!  Basically, every hour
I listened to what was either spotted or I heard on the band and
called the new ones.  Total actual BIC time ~ 7 hours.

It's amazing how my score over the past 24 years correlates
with the sunspot number.

73 - Larry -- W1DYJ