[3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 21:23:16 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): WS7L K7HLH W6ABM KD7VIK
Station: WS7L

Class: M/S LP
QTH: OR

   CW:  117    29
  SSB:   17     6
-------------------
Total:  134    35  Total Score = 17,570

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Welcome to 10 meters at solar minimum. Just as it did last year, on Friday
evening the band opened for us all over the US west, midwest, and part of the
south. Almost 100 QSOs went in the log, the last one at 0720z, which is 7 hours
after our sunset! Saturday was not as beautiful, about 30 Q's and we added
several South American multipliers. Sunday netted 8, count 'em, 8 QSOs. The day
was occupied by lots of conversation and work on the Sunday crossword as we sat
and listened to the automatic CQs roll and kept an eye on the panadapter. The 7
hour op time is what the software reported, but there were many zero-Q hours
spent at the radio.

We had a couple visits from Murphy at the beginning. The "Windows 10"
creators update was pending to install on the shack computer. Not realizing that
it would take over an hour to install, I let it run. Oops. When I realized the
mistake I scrambled up a laptop that I keep N1MM up to date on, swapped a few
plugs, and was only a few minutes late getting started. Then after a while the
"ERR 12V" message started showing up on my K3. It's an old one, #486,
so I think it's due for the gold pin mod next week. So the K3 ran at low power
with the amp in line to bring us up to 100 W.

K3 + DB-18 up 65 feet.
73 from the Tualatin Valley Contesters.