[3830] ARRL 10 WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO Mixed Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 22:25:49 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: Concord, Ca

   CW:  53     11
  SSB:  17      1
-------------------
Total:  70     12  Total Score = 2,952

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

This is another portable operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
I ran the FT-1000mp (with dual QF-1a audio filters) into a Hy-Gain
3-element yagi 12mh using the WQ6X phased cobra sloper as a backup antenna.

I don't have to tell you how BAD the band condx were for this contest.
Other than working CW5W and PT3T and a couple of VE7's the rest of the
contest was about working  stations west of Colorado.  It almost seemed
like the California QSO party.  Amazingly, AZ was on of the last QSOs
to hit the log.  While I could work virtually everyone I heard, it was
the hearing that was lacking.

Surprisingly, there was an opening from California to Colorado Friday
evening from 06:00z to 06:40z.  I put out many calls on SSB but found
an extreme shortage of SSB operators.  What's THAT all about?

Look for a writeup about this contest in the WQ6X contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com