[3830] ARRL 10 6W1SU SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 03:57:18 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 6W1SU
Operator(s): 6W1SU
Station: 6W1SU

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH:

   CW:
  SSB:  81     18
-------------------
Total:  81     18  Total Score = 2,916

First day conditions were fairly poor with a total of 34 QSOs. Second day
started off similarly with sporadic contacts, mostly Spain, Canaries, and
Brazil. At around 18:00 UTC I still only had 47 QSOs and had the beam pointed
to South America. Suddenly, the band became quieter and then I started to hear
a number of Brazilian and a couple of Argentinian stations. Between 18:16 and
19:45 (a mere 90 mins), I made the rest of my QSOs (34) to bump me up to 81.
Realized I could have spent the day sitting on the balcony sipping a cold beer
and just got on the radio for 90 mins! :)

When I got on the radio the start of the 2nd day, I wasn't too pleased with
only 34 QSOs from the day before. But when I started to hear even lower numbers
from other stations, I realized I hadn't done so poorly. Wrapping up with 81,
with the conditions we had, I think turned out to be a decent effort.

73

Ron
6W1SU