[3830] ARRL 10 K5NA SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 10:06:42 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: STX

   CW:  337    51
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  337    51  Total Score = 68,748

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night was OK. I worked 195 stations that night. But from Saturday morning
on, it was the worse 10M contest EVER!

I worked no one in W1, W2, W3, VE1, VE2, or VE3 call areas. Nine DX countries
worked were CE, CX, FK, LU, OA, PJ2, PY, ZF, and ZL. Five Mexican states were
worked; COL, GTO, BCS, SON, and YUC.

During the contest, I finished a book by John McPhee, read a full short story
by Ben Rehder, before starting a third book.

For some reason the weekend was extremely tiring in spite of my just sitting
around with headphones on and a book in my hand. Apparently brain cells are
fatigued by static and noise.

73, Richard - K5NA