[3830] ARRL 10 W6YX(N7MH) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 13:37:22 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Stanford

   CW:  276    39
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  276    39  Total Score = 43,056

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was at the W6YX shack for 30 hours of the contest but spent several hours on
Saturday helping W6LD get our HyGain 105CA working again and planning some
other shack maintenance. I estimate that my operating time was 25 hours but I
know that there were at least a couple of 60 to 90 minute gaps with no QSOs
when I was CQing and/or S&Ping. 20 hours is what the logging program says.

I probably quit too early on Friday evening, leaving at 0600 when the rate
dropped and I had just over 100 Qs. That low rate of 4 to 6 per hour was better
than many of my daytime hours on Saturday and Sunday.

I heard but did not work IA, FK8 and VP8. Several of the mults I did work were
only heard briefly and very weak, not strong enough to leave any trace on the
P3 waterfall.

SO2R was only practical for 3 or 4 hours. There were just a couple combinations
of useful beam headings between pairs of available antennas that had mutual
interference low enough to hear weak stations while tuning.

73,
-Mike, N7MH