[3830] ARRL 10 W5KFT(K5PI) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 12 14:27:08 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX

   CW:  317    49
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  318    49  Total Score = 63,400

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night was very promising -- I finished with 211 QSOs and 34 mults.  But
the  rest of the weekend was a bust.  I started selecting different antennas on
Saturday to get the weak ones, and I realized that the 10M StackMatch was
broken.  Only the all-antennas selection would work.  I went out to look at it
and found that it was  full of ants and that the wire connection posts were
badly corroded.  Given this, the poor conditions, and the beautiful weather, I
decided to give up on a full time effort and instead work on a few projects at
the station.  I sat down at the radio off an on the rest of the weekend but
never had anything like the Friday night run.  I did spend some time finally
getting the hang of the P3 panadapter -- that was a very nice tool to have in a
contest like this.