[3830] ARRL 10 K9YC SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 12 14:45:13 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV

   CW:  153    25
  SSB:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  159    28  Total Score = 17,472

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

10M contesting at this part of the solar cycle demands BIC persistence. My
dinner break Friday evening cost me the east coast opening that gave N7MH at
W6YX (and probably K3EST at N6RO) their deserved high scores.

SO2R for this one meant keeping the second radio (K3/P3) set to display the
28.3-28.5 MHz band segment and calling the few stations that called CQ. I
worked every signal that showed up on that display.

I'd guess that meteor scatter accounted for at least a half dozen QSOs.