[3830] NCCC Sprint N4EEV LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 28 22:05:49 EST 2017

NCCC Sprint - Dec 29

Call: N4EEV
Operator(s): N4EEV
Station: N4EEV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): :25

   80:   7      7
   40:   9      7
Total:  16     14  Total Score = 224

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3 and untuned 5BTV. Boy 40 went south quickl; 80 slowly increased QRN until it
was unusable here towards the end for all except QREO signals. Lost coax and
radiating elements on my OCF dipole about a month ago and it has taken a little
time to get hole dug, cement poured and 5BTV erected. Still needs tuning.
Running 4 long radials, so a work in progress. I would love to here how my
signal was tonight on 40 & 80. BW pretty narrow on 80 which requires
repeated ATU cycles, 40 resonant @ 7.3MHz but seems to hold 2:1 in NS segment.
Lets see tree rats eat aluminum. Will try to get dipole up soon as I can. I sure
missed the NS gang and hope all have a HNY. Thanks for the QSO 73 Mike