[3830] RAC Winter N8BJQ SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 30 19:13:04 EST 2017

RAC Winter Contest

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: OH

  160:   30     0        2         0
   80:  125     0        8         0
   40:  196     0        9         0
   20:  134     0        8         0
   15:   25     0        5         0
Total:  510     0       32         0  Total Score = 86,464

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Fun contest. Pretty good conditions and a good turnout.  1 minute before the
contest the computer rebooted and trashed N1MM which was open and setup for the
contest.  I think it was one of the infamous Win 10 updates.  Had to start from
the beginning and enter all the configuration stuff.  Got the K3 running right
away and used 1 radio until morning.  Dug out the configuration info for the 2nd
radio and amazingly it worked.  From then on I could use 2 radios. It helped to
find mults on the non-run rig.  Was surprised to hear 15 open for a bit with
some decent signals from VE and Western EU.  Tried 10M several times but no
answers.

Happy New Year to all