[3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 09:35:46 EST 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 215  Total Score = 834

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

100% S&P. Was plagued by a noise generator somewhere in the neighborhood.
Every 60-90 seconds I'd get a 20Db over S9 buzz saw across the entire band that
would last for 10 seconds. I think we have a bad street light starter in the
neighborhood. Sorry for all the repeat requests. Many exchanges were hit by the
buzz saw! If not for that interference, the band was quiet. Averaged 3.9 points
per Q. Was great to work W7EW and K7RAT. Furthest contact was KH6LC for 44
points.
Prop to west coast seemed very good. Prop to EU must have been good. I heard a
lot of U.S. working EU. Only got a partial call of an OK3 late Saturday night. I
seemed to be hearing best to the west and NW. Was hoping for 1k points. Did make
my goal of at least 100 grids (106), and minimum of 200 Qs.

Always a lot of fun to play in this contest. Quite a few new calls in the log
this time around.

73 and Happy New Year to all.
Gene N9TF

Rig: K3S 100 watts to a 67' Shortened half sloper (W8AMZ) at 35' apex sloping to
2' above ground. Aimed at 60 Degrees for what it's worth!