[3830] TBDC KU8E Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 13:31:30 EST 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 10:48

Total:  QSOs = 375  Total Score = 1,253

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 and KPA500 Inverted L with 8 elevated radials.

Band was very quiet. Conditions to west coast of US were very good with many
loud W6/W7's worked. Not so good to EU. Just a handful in my log. Nothing
remotely close to the EU conditions described by those on the east coast. KH6LC
was best DX. Worked NP2,PJ2,PJ7,DL,F,KH6,EI,XE,6Y and V3.  Heard a loud LU8DPM
but he just CQ'ed in my face when I called him. I guess running 600 watts
doesn't cut it in many cases compared to those running the legal limit.

HNY to all my contesting friends...

Jeff KU8E